Johns Education works with clients from the education sector, community organisations, not for profits, local government and the learning and development departments of larger organisations. We are committed to working collaboratively - we work with clients to achieve organisational goals together. We offer a range of consulting services including:
We offer a range of project management services and have expertise in managing small and medium sized projects. Recent examples of clients include:
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC), Entrepreneurs Program Learning and Development Project - Project included carrying out project design, stakeholder consultation, evaluation and assessment framework creation, entrepreneurship resource collation, learning and development framework creation and synthesis/report writing.
- Bayside Glen Eira Kingston Local Learning and Employment Network (BGKLLEN), Flexible Learning Policy Gap Analysis - Project included desktop review of current policies in flexible learning space; consultation with Principals/ managers of flexible learning programs; writing submission paper for DET regarding gaps in policy / opportunities to solve those gaps.
We have expertise in carrying out evaluations independently and as part of a larger team. Recent examples of clients include:
- Lirata Consulting, Oakwood School Evaluation - Project includes contributing to project design and DET ethics application, creation of surveys and focus group questions, data collection, data analysis and synthesis and report writing.
- Inner Norther Local Learning and Employment Network (INLLEN), Joining the Dots Evaluation - Project involves stakeholder consultation; background document review; transition literature review; data collection via focus groups, phone interviews, and one on one interviews; data analysis and synthesis and report writing. See JTD Evaluation report by clicking here.
We have expertise in delivering training on a range of topics including individualised education delivery and transition planning. Recent clients include:
- VET Development Centre, Successful ways to engage and support disadvantaged youth
- Victorian Applied Learning Association, Managing Challenging Behaviour
Training can be mapped to Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) requirements for teachers’ yearly registration and to other frameworks depending on clients needs.
Speaking & Facilitation
Nick Johns is an accomplished speaker, and has spoken and facilitated at a wide range of major education and community conferences in Victoria. Nick is able to speak on a range of topics including youth development, transitions, the flexible learning sector and strategies to improve vulnerable learner engagement.
Recently examples include:
- ACFE Learn Local Forums, Presentation: Empowering Positive Post-school Transitions
- Doing School Differently Conference, Presentation: BUILDING A SECTOR- Reflections on the Flexible Learning Victoria Project
- Victorian Applied Learning Association, Keynote and workshop
- Community Colleges Australia Annual Conference, Workshop
- DET Southern Metropolitan Region Transitions Network, Full day facilitation
- BGKLLEN Annual General Meeting, Research launch - A Successful Journey
To learn more click on the button below.